The Licensing Division of the Development Services handles applications for business licenses, transportation licenses, and yard sale licenses. The division reviews the applications for compliance with city, state, and federal regulations relating to these activities. Once approved by all applicable city departments, the Licensing Division issues the license to the applicant.

Business Licenses

The business licenses are reviewed by various city departments prior to approval. The objective is to ensure that commercial activities are located in an appropriate zoning district and comply with various city ordinances. Fill out the Business License Application Packet (PDF) to apply for approval.

Transportation Licenses

The transportation licenses are reviewed by the Police Department and Fire Department prior to approval. Transportation licenses verify that all vehicles used for public transportation are safe and meet all applicable safety requirements. Fill out a Transportation License Application Form (PDF) to apply for approval from the necessary departments.

Dog Licenses

Dog licenses are essential to identify and locate your pet if they get lost. Licenses must be renewed by November 1st in any calendar year. 

Yard Sale Permits

All yard sales being conducted within city limits are required to have a yard sale permit. Permits are free. No more than four yard/garage sales can be conducted by the same person or at the same location within the same calendar year. No permit shall be issued for more than three (3) consecutive days.

To obtain a yard sale permit, submit a completed yard sale permit application online or at our Business License Division office.

After staff verifies that no more than four licenses have been issued to that address or applicant within the current calendar year, the application will be processed, and a copy of the license will be provided to the applicant.

Apply Online!

TPT Licensing Requirements

If a business is selling a product or engaging in a service subject to TPT, that business will likely need a license from the Arizona Department of Revenue (ADOR) and a TPT, or business/occupational license, from the city or cities in which the business has a base or operation.

Apply here

  1. AZTaxes_longHero