San Luis, Arizona – At approximately 7:45 p.m. today the City of San Luis adopted Order No. 2020-7 and continued its Declaration of Emergency on the current situation with COVID-19 Coronavirus. In continuation of the order and its Declaration of Emergency with interests of preserving the public health and preventing the spread of COVID-19, all public access to the City of San Luis facilities, with the exception of the San Luis Police Department, the San Luis Fire Department, and the Municipal Court, will be closed starting Thursday, March 19, 2020.
Although City Hall will be closed, staff will be available to handle residents’ needs by phone or email. To facilitate the public’s needs, while following the restrictions and guidelines that have been put in place, the following adjustments have been made:
City Council Meetings
Billing & Collections Division (Utilities)
- Utility payments can be made over the phone at (855) 314-2095 or with a live representative at (800) 720-6847
- Online on the XpressBillPay website at www.xpressbillpay.com
- Utilizing the free XpressBillPay application for apple devices
- Checks and money orders can be dropped off at the night drop box located outside City Hall at 1090 E. Union Street, San Luis
- New Utility applications can be dropped off in the dropbox, faxed, or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Once Received, City Staff will contact you for the deposit payment and any additional information.
- Terminations or account updates can be done over the phone and by email.
- All forms can be found at www.sanluisaz.gov/189/Forms-Fees-Rates
Planning & Zoning
- Payment for permits will be taken over the phone at (928) 341-8563
Parks & Recreation
- As stated in Order 2020-6 all Parks & Recreation buildings, athletic fields, and athletic and the San Luis Senior Center remain closed.
- All city parks restrooms remain closed.
- All City Events have been canceled or postponed. Please follow the City of San Luis Facebook page @SanLuisAzGov for updates and status of the City Events.
All further updates will be made and posted on the official City of San Luis website at www.sanluisaz.gov/ and on the City of San Luis’ official social media handles (@SanLuisAZGov).
“The City of San Luis is committed to serving our residents and ensuring all essential services continue uninterrupted,” stated Mayor Gerardo Sanchez. “It is important for us to be proactive and continue to prevent the unnecessary transmission of COVID-19” he reassured. “Thank you all for the patience and understanding,” he concluded.
View Order No. 2020-7
View Continued Declaration of Emergency and Amended Order Coronavirus Disease-19