San Luis, Arizona - Starting Tuesday, September 8, 2020, the City of San Luis Annual Community Clean-up Campaign will begin with new health and safety protocols in place due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Community Clean-up Campaign is the time of the year for residents to set out bulky items not routinely collected by weekly garbage collection services. The Clean-up Campaign is only available for San Luis Arizona residents.
In placing items out to be collected please, remember the following:
- Appliances, furniture, carpets, and televisions are acceptable.
- All tree debris, branches, wood, and lumber must not exceed 4ft in length and need to be tied up.
- All leaves must be bagged.
- Tires will only be collected without rims.
- No hazardous waste will be collected; this includes motor oil, pesticides, paint, pool chemicals, etc.
- No construction material or debris will be collected.
- All appliances, tires, computers, and televisions must be placed separately.
Those households that do not meet or follow the regulations in place may be cited.
“While the Annual Community Clean-up Campaign was pushed back this year due to the current pandemic, I want to thank the San Luis Public Works team for moving forward with the campaign and ensuring we can provide our residents with this essential service,” stated Mayor Gerardo Sanchez. “I encourage all San Luis residents to take advantage of this great opportunity, and follow guidelines to ensure safety,” he added.
To find out when the Public Works team will pass by your area and for more information on the City of San Luis Community Clean-up Campaign please visit, https://www.sanluisaz.gov/cleanup or call the Public Works Department at (928) 341-8577.
For more information about this topic, or to schedule a meeting with the City of San Luis Public Affairs Office, please call us (928) 341-8520 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org